Meditation is an active, structured mental process of quietening the mind and harmonising the body. This state of harmony is directed towards experiencing the innermost consciousness. When the body and mind is made calm, a person can experience the essence of their own being. Through regular practice one experiences the spiritual self, acquiring a new perspective, learning to empower oneself, the experience being transformational.
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.
Human beings have from time immemorial searched for happiness; for this is the nature of all beings;
to appreciate the true nature of happiness;
is to understand the goal of life…
We are amazingly creative conscious beings with the mental ability for self-transformation.
* Is a non-biological structure;
* Always takes the form of its object of thought;
* Is cyclical in nature and functions in cycles (24 hour, seven day, lunar cycle, etc)
The yogis figured this out many, many thousands of years ago and developed powerful techniques to unfold this intuitive faculty of mind. The internal application of this intuitive faculty allows the practitioner to experience the essence of their being
and a profound sense of oneness with all forms of life.
When the mind is made calm and focused internally, it experiences the depth of its own nature more clearly. This state of being brings peace, clarity and harmony to the individual and the society, removing the waves of agitation that separate us from each other and the universe.
Thus meditation also helps us experience unity and harmony with the world we live in.
The source of power from which all our abilities come is a steady, clear and positive mind.
Benefits of Meditation:
- Mental clarity and peace
- Feeling of wellbeing and fulfilment
- Transcending negative complexes and developing positive self-image
- Self-knowledge and deeper awareness in all aspects of life
- Vitality, longevity and stronger immune system
- Emotional stability and cheerfulness
- Forgiveness and empathy
- Lower pulse rate and less anxieties
- Sense of meaning and feeling of progress
- Better concentration and improved memory
- Self-control and courage
- Increased ability to handle stress and adapt to different circumstances